Natural Clarifying Shampoo (http://www.myhaircare.com.au/blog)
The use of natural ingredients for clarifying your hair will offer plenty of benefits as it will not leave behind the residue you’d expect from most shampoos.
For this recipe, prepare:
¼ cup of aloe vera gel
two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
two tablespoons of honey.
Blend all of these ingredients until it reaches a slimy consistency. You have the option to add in a few drops of your favorite essential oil if you want it to smell good. However, since this will be used as a shampoo, you will eventually rinse it out of your hair.
All of these ingredients are beneficial because they promote moisture into the hair, while also breaking up the products that might have built up on your scalp. Aside from clarifying purposes, this recipe is also great if you are suffering from scalp irritations.
This is a good treatment for adding moisture and light protein to your hair. All four ingredients are very moisturizing, while the yogurt is both moisturizing and strengthening, but is safe for protein-sensitive or coarse hair.
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Blend together well in a bowl. Apply to hair, making sure to saturate your strands. Cover with a conditioning cap (or shower cap) for up an hour, or sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes. Follow with shampoo.
This treatment can do whatever you want it to do! Add lavender oil to soothe an irritated scalp, tea tree oil if you suffer from dandruff, and olive or coconut oil if your hair is drier.
- Any commercial moisturizing conditioner
- 1-2 tbsp of your favorite essential oil .
Blend and condition for 30 minutes. Follow with shampoo.
Shea Mango Butter Pre-poo www.hairlosophy.com
This treatment works well for moisturizing course hair. It is also great for coating and protecting your ends, which prevents split ends. If your hair is thick or long, you may have to double this recipe.
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Shea Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Mango Butter
- 2 Small pans or a large pan and a plastic or glass bowl (for a makeshift double boiler).
- Add water to one of the pan (the bigger one) and heat until boiling.
- Add olive oil, shea butter and mango butter into small pan or bowl. Place small pan on top of bigger pan with the water boiling (be careful that water is hot!!)
- Add honey and stir until completely melted and combined.
- Take mixture off of heat and let cool completely.
- Once completely cool to the touch, distribute through hair, and cover with a plastic cap or bag for 30-45 minutes.
- Wash out mixture using shampoo and condition and style as usual.
This is an intensive moisturizing and sealing masque that makes hair very soft! It also moisturizing and soothing to your scalp.
- ½ an avocado
- ½ c olive oil
- ¼ c almond oil
Mash the avocado very well and mix the ingredients completely. Apply liberally to hair and condition for 30 minutes. Follow with shampoo. This mixture is a little hard to wash out, so you may have to shampoo more than once.
The sulfur in garlic strengths hair and promotes hair growth from the roots! Rinse well, because the garlic oil can leave a strong smell.
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- ¾ c Olive oil
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- Applicator bottle
Grate garlic cloves. Spoon into applicator bottle, and add oils. Shake together and apply to hair for 45 minutes under a plastic cap. Rinse well.